Do you shudder at thought of having a teeth cleaning? You are not alone. A trip to the dentist creates an intense anxiety for tons of Americans. For those that suffer from dental anxiety, dental sedation might be the right solution.
What is sedation dentistry?
Sedation dentistry is the process of giving a patient sedatives to put them at ease during a dental procedure. Through sedation, Dr. Toms has helped hundreds of fearful patients get dental treatment. As a leading sedation dentist in Gainesville, GA, Dr. Toms can help advise you on the right type of sedation for your situation.
Am I a candidate for dental sedation?
Candidates for sedation dentistry may meet one or more of these criteria:
- Strong fear of dental procedures
- Traumatic dental experiences in the past
- Extremely sensitive teeth
- Difficulty getting numb
- Have a bad gag reflex or difficulty opening the mouth
- Complicated dental problems that may require surgery
- Limited amount of time to get lengthy procedures completed
There are a few different types of sedation used in Dentistry. As a trained sedation dentist, Patrick Toms can offer two different sedation options for patients.
If you would like to learn more about our sedation options, please schedule an appointment or contact us for sedation questions. We look forward to putting your fears at ease.